loading page

Cardiogenic shock following hydrogen sulfide poisoning
  • lianlian Jiang,
  • Jie Jiang,
  • Xi Chen
lianlian Jiang
Southeast University Zhongda Hospital
Author Profile
Jie Jiang
Southeast University Zhongda Hospital
Author Profile
Xi Chen
Southeast University Zhongda Hospital
Author Profile

Abstract

Hydrogen sulfide (H2S) is an asphyxiating industrial poison, which is likely to cause serious damage to myocardial function and even cause cardiogenic shock after poisoning. The injury is insidious and tardive but the consequences are serious, so it needs to be prevented and treated in time. We herein present a case of an otherwise healthy 51-year-old man who developed into cardiogenic shock dynamically after poisoning and treated successfully with IABP and VA-ECMO.